DONATE CLOTHES TO WILMINTGON CHARITIES
Donate your gently used clothes
Earn up to $40 USD in Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
COMPLETE THESE STEPS IN ORDER
1. Choose a charity from the list below.
2. Look through your closet for clothes that fit charity's needs/guidelines.
3. Write down the total number of items you are donating (you'll need this later).
4. Take one photo of the clothes before bagging them (first photo).
5. Place clothes into LARGE CLEAR plastic bags (recommended brand and size) and attach the COINS 4 CLOTHES logo (download here) on each bag with today's date. Bags should be no smaller than 30 Gallons. Using bags smaller than 30 Gallons may impact amount of BCH received.
6.Take a photo of your clothes all bagged up (second photo).
7. Donate the clothes to the charity, ensuring you take photographs of yourself dropping the bags off at the charity site (third photo).
8. If you don't have a BCH wallet already, download and install the Bitcoin.com wallet by following our guide here.
9. Complete the submission form below.
10. Get paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH)*
Note: You need 3 photo proofs when submitting your form:
photo before bagging clothes
photo after bagging them and taping Coins 4 Clothes logo/date
photo of you donating clothes at the charity site.
*We will reward you with $8 USD in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) for every large clear plastic bag full of clothes, up to a maximum of $40 USD (5 bags) per donation visit. You will also earn $5 USD in BCH if you tweet about your donation experience (with photos or videos). Ensure you tag @Coins4Clothes and use the hashtags: #Coins4Clothes #BCH #BitcoinCash
If you are new to Bitcoin Cash (BCH) or digital currencies in general, be sure to read our Bitcoin Basics Guide which will walk you through setting up your first Bitcoin Cash wallet.
APPROVED WILMINGTON CHARITIES
Friendship house assists many of Wilmington's homeless individuals, who through lack of community support and resources experience varying degrees of displacement.
Friendship house operates a number of programs to assist low income and homeless individuals. These include:
Transitional housing assists motivated employable adults, with or without children, who are looking to re-establish themselves as independent, self-supporting members of society.Many individuals come to Friendship house directly from drug/alcohol rehabilitation programs, prison, and even domestic violence shelters. The program operates in three stages and offers up to one year of transitional housing and programming.
Empowerment centers offer anyone experiencing significant strife daytime sanctuary and vital services. Providing a referral and screening source for more than twenty-five churches, the three empowerment centers are a life line for individuals and families at risk of losing their housing. They also assist motivated homeless clients by providing professional case-management, communal support and financial resources they require to rebuild their lives.
The Winter Sanctuary, which provides shelter from the bitter cold during the months of November-March.
A Clothing Bank, which provides gently used clothing to agencies in connection with families and individuals in need, along with training for women looking to enter/re-enter the work-force,
All adult and children clothing
Leather goods (shoes, belts, purses)
Bedding (sheets, pillow cases, blankets – no pillows please)
Linens (towels, wash clothes)
New socks, new underwear and bras
All donations should be clean (underwear and socks must be new), and ready to be distributed to the community. You do not need an appointment to drop off donated clothing but please do bring them during operating hours!
Drop off Hours:
7:00 AM – 2:30 PM (Monday through Thursday)