Donate your gently used clothes
Earn up to $50 CAD in Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
DONATE CLOTHES TO WHISTLER CHARITIES
COMPLETE THESE STEPS IN ORDER
1. Choose a charity from the list below.
2. Look through your closet for clothes that fit charity's needs/guidelines.
3. Write down the total number of items you are donating (you'll need this later).
4. Take one photo of the clothes before bagging them (first photo).
5. Place clothes into LARGE CLEAR plastic bags (recommended brand and size) and attach the COINS 4 CLOTHES logo (download here) on each bag with today's date. Bags should be no smaller than 70L. Using bags smaller than 70 L may impact amount of BCH received.
6.Take a photo of your clothes all bagged up (second photo).
7. Donate the clothes to the charity, ensuring you take photographs of yourself dropping the bags off at the charity site (third photo).
8. If you don't have a BCH wallet already, download and install the Bitcoin.com wallet by following our guide here.
9. Complete the submission form below.
10. Get paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH)*
Note: You need 3 photo proofs when submitting your form:
photo before bagging clothes
photo after bagging them and taping Coins 4 Clothes logo/date
photo of you donating clothes at the charity site.
*We will reward you with $10 CAD in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) for every large clear plastic bag full of clothes, up to a maximum of $50 CAD (5 bags) per donation visit. You will also earn $5 CAD in BCH if you tweet about your donation experience (with photos or videos). Ensure you tag @Coins4Clothes and use the hashtags: #Coins4Clothes #BCH #BitcoinCash
If you are new to Bitcoin Cash (BCH) or digital currencies in general, be sure to read our Bitcoin Basics Guide which will walk you through setting up your first Bitcoin Cash wallet.
APPROVED WHISTLER CHARITIES
WHISTLER COMMUNITY SERVICE SOCIETY (RE-USE IT CENTRE)
The Whistler Community Service Society (or WCSS for short) is a full service community agency providing over 20 distinct services to Whistler residents, including many who are at risk or in vulnerable situations. Some examples of the broad range of programs and services provided by WCSS include: food banks, food skills and nutrition program, clinical counselling for parents who have lost a child, school lunch programs, child parent drop ins, access to free legal services and so much more.
The primary way the centre raises funds for these services is through the re-use it centre and re-build it centre, where gently used clothing donations or re-purposed tools are sold back to members of the community. The items are sold at an affordable rate, while still providing the centre with needed funds to support its many programs.
New and gently used men's and women's , child and baby clothing including outerwear, bags, men's and women's suites and professional clothing, shoes and accessories. Snow pants/ski-suits and winter gear are always appreciated. Used undergarments will not be accepted under any circumstance.
Drop off Hours:
Store Hours: 11am – 6pm Daily
8000 Nesters Rd, Whistler, BC V8E 0G4