Donate your gently used clothes
Earn up to $50 CAD in Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
DONATE CLOTHES TO QUEBEC CITY CHARITIES
COMPLETE THESE STEPS IN ORDER
1. Choose a charity from the list below.
2. Look through your closet for clothes that fit charity's needs/guidelines.
3. Write down the total number of items you are donating (you'll need this later).
4. Take one photo of the clothes before bagging them (first photo).
5. Place clothes into LARGE CLEAR plastic bags (recommended brand and size) and attach the COINS 4 CLOTHES logo (download here) on each bag with today's date. Bags should be no smaller than 90L. Using bags smaller than 90 L may impact amount of BCH received.
6.Take a photo of your clothes all bagged up (second photo).
7. Donate the clothes to the charity, ensuring you take photographs of yourself dropping the bags off at the charity site (third photo).
8. If you don't have a BCH wallet already, download and install the Bitcoin.com wallet by following our guide here.
9. Complete the submission form below.
10. Get paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH)*
Note: You need 3 photo proofs when submitting your form:
photo before bagging clothes
photo after bagging them and taping Coins 4 Clothes logo/date
photo of you donating clothes at the charity site.
*We will reward you with $10 CAD in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) for every large clear plastic bag full of clothes, up to a maximum of $50 CAD (5 bags) per donation visit. You will also earn $5 CAD in BCH if you tweet about your donation experience (with photos or videos). Ensure you tag @Coins4Clothes and use the hashtags: #Coins4Clothes #BCH #BitcoinCash
If you are new to Bitcoin Cash (BCH) or digital currencies in general, be sure to read our Bitcoin Basics Guide which will walk you through setting up your first Bitcoin Cash wallet.
APPROVED QUEBEC CITY CHARITIES
Lauberiviere provides shelter, food and clothing to homeless men and women aged 18 and over as well as social integration services. The soup kitchen feeds between 300 and 500 meals a day, while up to 25 beds are available for emergency shelter for men and women.
Lauberiviere also offers employment readiness training to its clients, resulting in almost 100% of all of their graduates finding steady employment upon completion of the program earning an average of $15 an hour.
The thrift shop, which was established in 2004, provides clean, comfortable clothing for individuals most in need. Additionally, when someone is ready to integrate into living in an apartment, the Lauberiviere thrift shop provides them with a starter package containing many necessities, thereby easing the financial burden on individuals who are just starting to gain their own autonomy.
New and gently used men's and women's , child and baby clothing including outerwear, bags, sleeping bags, men's and women's suites and professional clothing, shoes and accessories.You may also donate NEW socks and NEW underwear. Used undergarments will not be accepted under any circumstance.
Drop off Hours:
24 hours / 7 days a week
401 Saint-Paul Street Quebec QC G1K 3X3