DONATE CLOTHES TO OAKVILLE CHARITIES
Donate your gently used clothes
Earn up to $50 CAD in Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
COMPLETE THESE STEPS IN ORDER
1. Choose a charity from the list below.
2. Look through your closet for clothes that fit charity's needs/guidelines.
3. Write down the total number of items you are donating (you'll need this later).
4. Take one photo of the clothes before bagging them (first photo).
5. Place clothes into LARGE CLEAR plastic bags (recommended brand and size) and attach the COINS 4 CLOTHES logo (download here) on each bag with today's date. Bags should be no smaller than 70L. Using bags smaller than 70 L may impact amount of BCH received.
6.Take a photo of your clothes all bagged up (second photo).
7. Donate the clothes to the charity, ensuring you take photographs of yourself dropping the bags off at the charity site (third photo).
8. If you don't have a BCH wallet already, download and install the Bitcoin.com wallet by following our guide here.
9. Complete the submission form below.
10. Get paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH)*
Note: You need 3 photo proofs when submitting your form:
photo before bagging clothes
photo after bagging them and taping Coins 4 Clothes logo/date
photo of you donating clothes at the charity site.
*We will reward you with $10 CAD in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) for every large clear plastic bag full of clothes, up to a maximum of $50 CAD (5 bags) per donation visit. You will also earn $5 CAD in BCH if you tweet about your donation experience (with photos or videos). Ensure you tag @Coins4Clothes and use the hashtags: #Coins4Clothes #BCH #BitcoinCash
If you are new to Bitcoin Cash (BCH) or digital currencies in general, be sure to read our Bitcoin Basics Guide which will walk you through setting up your first Bitcoin Cash wallet.
APPROVED OAKVILLE CHARITIES
SAFETYNET CHILDREN & YOUTH
SafteyNet Children and Youth Charities provide youth, children and their families with a 'safteynet' of services and supports to help Oakville's most vulnerable families. Safteynet provides its clients with free tutoring services for children and youth, music lessons, free clothing, refurbished bicycles as well as furniture and household items. Your donation of gently used clothes can assist struggling families meet their basic clothing needs.
New and gently used men's and women's , child and baby clothing including outerwear, bags, sleeping bags, men's and women's suites and professional clothing, shoes and accessories.You may also donate NEW socks and NEW underwear. Used undergarments will not be accepted under any circumstance.
Drop off Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 AM-1 PM
*Please do not leave your items in any of the drop boxes, as it will make it very difficult for us to verify your donation. Please donate the items during business hours to the address below. The door will be on your left when you are facing the building off Speers road. As always, ensure you take a photo of you and your donations at the centre.
1317 Speers Road, Oakville ON, L6L 2X5.