Donate your gently used clothes
Earn up to $50 CAD in Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
DONATE CLOTHES TO MONTRÉAL CHARITIES
COMPLETE THESE STEPS IN ORDER
1. Choose a charity from the list below.
2. Look through your closet for clothes that fit charity's needs/guidelines.
3. Write down the total number of items you are donating (you'll need this later).
4. Take one photo of the clothes before bagging them (first photo).
5. Place clothes into LARGE CLEAR plastic bags (recommended brand and size) and attach the COINS 4 CLOTHES logo (download here) on each bag with today's date. Bags should be no smaller than 90L. Using bags smaller than 90 L may impact amount of BCH received.
6.Take a photo of your clothes all bagged up (second photo).
7. Donate the clothes to the charity, ensuring you take photographs of yourself dropping the bags off at the charity site (third photo).
8. If you don't have a BCH wallet already, download and install the Bitcoin.com wallet by following our guide here.
9. Complete the submission form below.
10. Get paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH)*
Note: You need 3 photo proofs when submitting your form:
photo before bagging clothes
photo after bagging them and taping Coins 4 Clothes logo/date
photo of you donating clothes at the charity site.
*We will reward you with $10 CAD in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) for every large clear plastic bag full of clothes, up to a maximum of $50 CAD (5 bags) per donation visit. You will also earn $5 CAD in BCH if you tweet about your donation experience (with photos or videos). Ensure you tag @Coins4Clothes and use the hashtags: #Coins4Clothes #BCH #BitcoinCash
If you are new to Bitcoin Cash (BCH) or digital currencies in general, be sure to read our Bitcoin Basics Guide which will walk you through setting up your first Bitcoin Cash wallet.
APPROVED MONTRÉAL CHARITIES
MILE END MISSION
Mile End Mission offers services for vulnerable members of the community including people who struggle with addiction, are homeless or in poverty. Mile End Mission offers free hot meals, a food bank, access to organic produce through a local farmer, snacks and refreshments during drop in program, affordable clothing, mobile dental clinic, community art, free yoga classes, computer, television and internet access, community outings, special events, end of month community dinners, leadership opportunities for members, counselling, advocacy, accompaniment services and referrals, as well as access to a legal clinic.
Clothes are sold back at a marginal price to members of the Mile End Mission. In this way their members are afforded dignity while helping support the very services they rely on so much.
In season, new and gently used men's, women's and children's clothing including outerwear, bags, sleeping bags, shoes and accessories. Comfortable, weatherproof clothes are ideal. You may also donate NEW socks and NEW underwear. Please donate clothes you would be proud to wear yourself!
Drop off Hours:
Tuesday to Friday: 10am-2pm
Please only drop off items at the mission and not using the drop box. Remember to take a photo dropping your donations off at the mission!
99 Bernard Ouest ,Montreal, Quebec H2T 2J9
To donate to this charity, simply follow our brief guide at the top of this page.
Once you've finished step 8, click the button below to submit your request.
WOMEN'S CENTRE OF MONTREAL
The Women's Centre of Montréal is provides educational and vocational training, as well as information, counseling and referral services to help women help themselves.
This includes services such as workshops, coaching and counseling for women.
You may give new or previously-owned women's clothes, baby clothes/articles, toys in good condition, as well as new diapers which will be offered free of charge to women and families who find themselves in a precarious financial situation.
Drop off Hours:
Mon-Fri: 9 am to 5 pm
Be sure to take a photo of yourself dropping off your clothing donations in order to qualify for a Bitcoin Cash reward!
3585, rue Saint-Urbain Montréal (Québec) H2X 2N6